After I did a lot pressure on CPU performance testing, My windows 7 64 bit [macbook, OCZ SSD, 64 bit ultimate edition]become no responding at all. then I just hold the power key and force a reboot. Sadly enough, it even can’t boot up. Press F8 to try the safemode, no Luck . Get an error like this, one system driver can’t be loaded. Always, It means the file is corrupt and All you need to fix is find a way to replace the file.
Here is How-to, It is proved to work great on my Macbook win 7 74 bit.
- Copy the Classpnp.sys file from another PC to an external hd or USB drive. PLEASE Note, 32 bit /64 bit system differs. Make sure you get the same version as you OS.
- Insert one windows DVD to the dvdrom, try boot with the DVD, to setup a New OS (don’t click to go further, all we need is just a command promot that we can copy the file from USB to your Primary HD), For MACbook, Hold and Press “C” to initial the setup.
- after the setup GUI is loaded, Run “Shift + F10” to Bring a Command Prompt, this feature has been in the Windows setup GUI since win 2000. So for step 2, inserting any version of windows is fine.
- Copy the file from your backup drive to \windows\system32\drivers\classPNP.sys
- remove the DVD and external HD, restart the PC
- if you get a hint to Repair the PC, forget it. Not make any sense here. until now, all will be fixed.
For more troubleshooting entries.