Wednesday, December 8, 2010

troubleshooting the driver disconnecting while associating, dot11 status code 0

One Day, My laptop can’t connect to any WIFI at company, but it works at home. the symptom is that the wifi keep connecting  but never be successful. Check the event log, get some error like

the driver disconnecting while associating, dot11 status code 0 

then I update the driver to the latest version, that’s a Intel nic, so installed the manual diagnostics toolkit as well. and run a basic test.  it failed on the association phase.

image

When I run “netsh wlan show all”, I could see all the AP and their SSid. so basic communication is fine.
then I realized that the AP just blocked my MAC.  reset the AP or change the MAC address of the NIC is the workout.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page